Make a Donation
Every donation helps change the life of a child in need. Fill out the form below to make your 100% tax-deductible gift.
By providing my credit card or bank account information, I authorize Himalayan Children’s Charities to charge my credit card/bank. If a recurring donation is selected, I approve Himalayan Children’s Charities to charge the amount selected on a recurring basis. I understand that this authorization shall remain in effect until I notify Himalayan Children’s Charities at least 30 days prior to the upcoming charge that I wish to end this agreement. I understand my credit card issuer/bank may impose additional requirements and I should contact the credit card issuer/bank for further information. A record of my contributions will appear on my credit card/bank statement.
Change a Life
|$10 a month supports our rural community projects||$25 a month sends a rural child to school|
|$100 a month gives an orphan education and a safe place to live||$250 a month gives a university education to an impoverished student|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay using a credit card?
Can I pay by check?
Yes! Checks from American banks can be mailed to:
Himalayan Children’s Charities
PO Box 8958
Atlanta, GA 31106
Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks from banks located outside the U.S.
Are my donations tax-deductable?
Can I donate if I live outside the U.S.?
How much of my donation will go directly toward programs?
What is my donation used for?
HCC’s founding program has been operating in Kathmandu, Nepal since 2000. This program provides care, education, and mentorship for up to 50 orphaned and abandoned children who have come out of the state orphanage system. We provide for every need for these students, and your donations are integral to making these resources available.
Your donations help provide:
- School fees for English-medium boarding schools in Kathmandu;
- Medical costs for regular check-ups, illness and emergency injury;
- Hygiene and toiletries for the students, including toothbrushes, soap, feminine products, etc.;
- School supplies for the students, such as books, pens, notebooks, binders, backpacks, etc.;
- Maintenance costs for our group home, Khushi Ghar, including electricity, food, water, furniture, which is home to the students in grade 10 and below during school breaks and the full-time home for students in junior college (grades 11&12);
- Therapist fees, if the students require additional emotional support;
- Clothing expenses for all students, including school uniforms, everyday wear and holiday gifts;
- Costs for enrichment programs such as workshops, guest speakers, and field trips.
- College and University fees for the students in our programs studying in junior college (grades 11-12), and at universities, graduate schools, and technical colleges.
The RISE Programs support around 100 orphaned or impoverished children in rural regions most heavily damaged by the 2015 earthquakes. Your donations enable these students to stay in school and get an education, which greatly reduces the risk they will be trafficked or subject to child labor.
Your donations help provide:
- School fees for reputable, local schools
- School supplies such as pens, paper, notebooks, and backpacks which we bring to the students
- Hygiene products such as, feminine products, soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Medical costs
- Transportation costs for our staff, to travel to these remote, rural areas and check in with the students.
The rate of child trafficking in Nepal is shocking – at least 13,000 children a year according to UNICEF. HCC has partnered with Cause, Vision, and Sasane to create and distribute a Nepali language comic book, entitled “Chameli Goes to School”. The comic book, distributed in rural, high-risk areas, raises awareness and educates students about the dangers of human trafficking in their own communities.
Your donation helps cover:
- Printing expenses to produce 10,000 copies of the comic book
- Distribution expenses to reach a wide audience of school children in rural areas.